Topic: Envisioning the Green Building habitat of the future.
The contest challenges the participants to design one or more of the following: Green Building or Structure that utilizes Aalborg Portland White Cement.
Trying to define KEY CONCEPTS of Green Building, also known as green construction or sustainable building, by creating structures and using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building's life-cycle: from design to construction, operation, maintenance, renovation, and deconstruction.
This practice expands and complements the classical building design concerns of economy, utility, durability, and comfort, by defining a list of ideas in relation with buildings and the city of the future, to generate a vision of this idealistic possibility.
The participants will be free to decide on the size and location of the Project, which must be clearly detailed and justified. Any time projection short (10 years), medium (50years) or long-term within the duration of the 21st century is allowed.
Documents and Graphic Materials Required Project Standards：
● Some use of White Cement should be included in the designing works.
● Sustainable/Environmental concepts /elements must be clearly explained in the works.
● All the projects need project theme/name.
● Contestants should include their overall portfolio including personal background, related internship and contest experiences and design works.
Written Description： ● Define a list of key concepts for the construction of the habitat of the Green Building habitat of the future.
● Exemplify your ideas by designing a specific building or city, or proposing changes for an existing building or city.
Language: ● All the descriptive texts and files’ name must be in English.
Graphic description: ● Site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections, perspective drawings, photographs of physical or digital models and ● axonometric drawings at any scale and descriptive texts explaining the project are allowed.
Format: The proposals should be presented on three A3 panels in digital form and comply with the following format:
● Each panel will be presented in PDF format.
● Each panel will also be presented as an image in a JPG with high resolution 300dpi.